Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR


Amending My Return

woman reviewing her return on laptop

Do not file another Form IL-1040 to make changes to a previously filed Form IL-1040. You must file Form IL-1040-X, Amended Individual Income Tax Return, if

Note: If the federal change results in a refund, do not file Form IL-1040-X until you receive notification that your change has been accepted by the IRS.

For more information, see Form IL-1040-X and instructions.