Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR


Social Security benefits and certain retirement plans

seniors investigating tax questions

You may subtract the amount of federally taxed Social Security and retirement income included in your adjusted gross income on Form IL-1040, Line 1 that you received from

NOTE: Your beneficiary share of payments from certain retirement plans and retirement payments to retired partners reported on Schedule K-1-T should not be included on Line 5. For more information, see the Schedule M instructions.

For more information, see Publication 120.