Skip to main content
Taxpayer Answer Center

Quick Links

Information For

About IDOR

Got Questions?

Who must file the IL-990-T?

Answer #78 -- ( Published 08/04/2005 12:25 PM | Updated 07/12/2017 10:38 AM )

Who must file the IL-990-T?

You must file Form IL-990-T, Exempt Organization Income and Replacement Tax Return, if you are an organization exempt from federal income tax by reason of Section 501(a) of the Internal revenue Code (IRC) and earn or receive unrelated business taxable income as determined under IRC, Section 512, and

  • have net income as defined under the Illinois Income Tax Act (IITA) or
  • are a resident or qualified to do business in the state of Illinois and are required to file U.S. Form 990-T (regardless of net income or loss).

Answers others found helpful

Submit a question