Fed/State Employment Taxes Program
FSET is a program for large employers and payroll companies to electronically file and pay both their federal and Illinois employment taxes. This includes returns and payments for state withholding and unemployment insurance. The program is open to software developers, transmitters, and payroll service providers who will act as "Reporting Agents" (companies that perform payroll services for other businesses). Withholding income taxpayers must use a payroll service provider or develop their own software to participate in FSET. All participants must complete Form IL-8633-B, Business Electronic Filing Enrollment. Once we have received your enrollment form, we will contact you regarding testing.
NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, withholding income tax filers will have access to MyTax Illinois, IDOR’s new online return filing and account management system. Service through FSET will not be interrupted. See Informational Bulletin FY 2013-14 for more information.
Important Program Information
- IL-1370 - Federal State Employment Taxes Implementation Guide (FSET) (4.4 Schema Version for 2012)
- 4.4 Schema Version Examples - 501 Multi RA, 501 OL, 941 Multi RA, 941 RA W PMT
- IL-941- With XML Tag Names
- IL-8633-B - Business Electronic Filing Enrollment
- IL-8655 - Reporting Agent Electronic Services Authorization
- IL-1371-WIT - Federal State Employment Taxes Test Cases (FSET) (4.4 Schema Version for 2012)
- IL-1370 - Federal State Employment Taxes Implementation Guide (FSET) (1.5 Schema Version for 2011 and prior)
- IL-1371-WIT - Federal State Employment Taxes Test Cases (FSET)
Software developers and transmitters use their IRS EFIN/ETIN, and will be assigned logon ID numbers and passwords for communication via the IL Business Gateway. Reporting agents select a single electronic signature used to sign all returns and payment authorizations for their clients. Reporting agents must obtain Form IL-8655 from each client before acting on their behalf.
If you choose to have a third party file your return, the following are vendors who are approved by the department to electronically file withholding tax returns through the FSET program:
- PayCycle - Fast, Easy and Accurate Online Payroll for Small Businesses
- Thomson Reuters CS Professional Suite – Payroll CS 1-800-968-8900 www.cs.thomsonreuters.com/
- Comprehensive and powerful payroll processing system specifically designed for the professional accounting market.
- Comprehensive calculation capabilities while supporting multiple departments, unlimited pay and deduction items, and multi-state employees and locations.
- Supports data conversions, data exports, time clock imports, seamless Direct Deposit, federal and state tax form preparation, electronic filing of Forms 940, 941 and 944, and compliance with federally mandated regulations and changes.
- True integration with other CS Professional Suite Products.
- For pricing and information, please call a CS Account Representative at (800) 968-8900 or email CS.Sales@ThomsonReuters.com.
- AccountantsWorld - Payroll Relief AC www.accountantsworld.com
- Complete payroll processing system designed specifically for
- Comprehensive system handles every payroll need, including compliance,
electronic payments and more
- Customizable for any size business in any type of industry.
- Time-saving features that makes payroll processing fast and easy
accountants and employers.
- Intuit - QuickBooks Payroll www.payroll.com/enhanced
- Intuit's #1 small business payroll solution.
- Helps manage payroll more efficiently through an easy-to-use service.
- Three primary subscription-based solutions range from help
with basic payroll essentials to full-service options.
For questions regarding this program, please contact the Electronic
Commerce Division at 1 866 440-8680.